Different types of metals used to build your vape coil
Choosing the right metal allows you to get a better coil, which has better control over temperature, wattage, flavor & the quality of vape. Let's learn about these briefly.
Kanthal is a mixture of chromium, aluminum & iron. The aluminum present in this wire immunizes the coil from rust and oxidation. It is easy to handle and can work at high temperatures.
When the temperature increases, the resistance of Kanthal is constant, which makes this metal more unique and popular. A wide number of people used this metal to build their own vape coils. It can perform with a wide range of voltage, and you can't control the temperature of vaping in it. These coils can work with any vaping device. It is perfect for beginners. It can mold easily, and because of these qualities, it is popular among the users.
Pros of Kanthal:
1. Kanthal is the flexibility for a wide range of wattage.
2. A user- friendly metal which holds the shape of a coil.
3. It has a stable resistance.
4. It can use in any vape device.
5. Cheapest options as compare to other.
Cons of Kanthal:
1. It can't be accessible in temperature control vaping mode.
2. It can taste metallic when you use it for the first time.
NiChrome is made up of 80% Nickel & 20% Chromium. It contains approx similar functionalities of Kanthal. Like Kanthal, it doesn't change its resistance when the temperature increases. It is mostly used in the earlier, but now it's not popular as Kanthal. It is reliable and cost-effective for ordinary vaping, but it doesn't support the features when it comes to temperature control vaping.
It can support a wide range of temperatures but not as much as Kanthal. It is good in rigidity because it supports a coil's shape, but it has a low melting point. When you use this coil for vaping, then you can notice that it melts quickly. It is also a little tough to work with as compare to Kanthal. Because of such issues, it may not offer a good experience to you in your starting days.
Pros of NiChrome:
1. It holds the shape of the coil for a long time.
2. Can work with high temperature.
3. It can heat quickly.
4. Affordable to use.
Cons of NiChrome:
1. It contains Nickel, which may be toxic.
2. It contains a low melting point.
3. Not popular as much as Kanthal.