What is eliquid made from?
E-Liquid is made from four main ingredients, these are
Some companies also add distilled water.
What flavour eliquid should I choose?
Choosing a flavour is just like choosing food that you like. Its all personal preference, a lot of customers start on tobacco or mint flavoured eliquids & move onto fruit, drinks or dessert flavours.
- 1). TRIAL - Make a list of flavours that you like and dislike in food, you can rule out a lot of flavours this way, then try some that you think you may like. Its really trial and error.
- 2). CHECK FOR QUALITY – you will find that you prefer certain brands over others, the quality is the same in all liquids, all e-liquids are made from the same bases (except nicotine) just different flavourings, however some companies are better at putting flavours together in e-liquids than others, so price isn’t an issue when looking for quality.
- 3). KEEP A FAVOURITE IN STOCK – once you know a few that you like its always worth keeping two or three of your favourite vapes in stock, then your not stuck with something you don’t like.
- 4). REVIEWS – When buying a new e-liquid its always worth either looking at reviews on a website or looking on Youtube, everyone has different tastes so this will give a good idea if its worth buying or not.
What strength of nicotine do I need?
It all depends on the device and coils that you are using:-
For devices a rough nicotine guide below
Sub Ohm Tanks use 0mg – 6mg
Small Tanks use 0mg to 20mg
Pod Devices use 0mg – 20mg
Going by coils a rough guide below
0.8ohm – 3ohm 0mg- 20mg
0.5ohm – 0.8 ohm 0mg - 12mg
0.2ohm – 0.5 ohm 0mg – 6mg
0 ohm to 0.2ohm use 0mg - 3mg
This is a rough guide, if you feel dizzy or find when you are vaping that its harsh on your throat you are best lowering the mg of nicotine you are using.
Tanks have come on a long way since the start and it can be confusing what to go for, if you originally only had a few cigarettes a day your best going for a lower mg of nicotine.
Advice is free so just get in touch if your not sure what you need.
How to add nicotine shots to shortfill eliquids?
There are a few different ways to add nicotine shots to your eliquids
- 1). If the bottle has a solid drip tip you will need to remove the drip tip without breaking the tip off, just grab a piece of cloth, put it over the drip tip and use a pear of pliers and carefully apply pressure and pull, these can be awkward to get off but can be done, then simply add the nicotine shot/s and shake the bottle for 15-20 seconds to its well mixed in and then your good to go
- 2). Some Bottle have a screw out middle tip, take that out and the rest is the same as above
- 3). Rainbowvapes bottles, super easy these as they have screw on tops, just undo the top add your shot/s and shake as above and your done
- 4). A little tip, if using a full nicotine shot it is a lot easier to take out the tip of the shot with a pair of pliers, then just pour in, saves aching hands.
- 5). Always make sure a tip is pushed in properly and don't squeeze a bottle too hard when filling a tank as tips can pop out.
What base do I need in my e-liquid?
When your starting out you have a lot of things to consider one of them is the base of the liquid you are using.
- 1). If you have a small tank (1-3ohm coil) the best base to use would be the 40vg 60pg range, the liquid is a lot thinner, adding a thicker liquid can make the taste disapear as well as burn your coil out quicker.
- 2). A medium sized tank (using coils 0.5ohm – 1ohm) a base that is 60vg, 40pg and depending on the tank up to 80vg 20pg
- 3). Any tank with coils that are 0.1-0.5 ohm work best with the high vg liquids, 70vg upwards would be recommended
This is just a guide, if you are not sure just send us an email about your tank and we will give you a a good idea where to start.
What is the shelf life of eliquid?
The shelf life varies from country to country and whether there is nicotine in the e-liquid or not, a few pointers.
- 1). The vast majority of manufacturers give 2 years from the date produced.
- 2). Some companies in the USA don’t give a best before date (BB) on shortfill eliquids as pg in an e-liquid acts like a preservative, so they don’t really go off. They sometimes just add a manufacture date (MFG)
- 3). Tpd e-liquids that contain nicotine tend to have 2 years, after this time the nicotine can loose some of its strength (mg), depending on the flavour the nicotine can affect the way the liquid tastes as well.
- 4). If buying anything past the best before dates buying shortfills is the best option as a there are less variables to deteriorate over time.
What e-liquid brands do you offer?
We have well over 200 brands of e-liquids, a list of the full range can be seen
How we do eliquids at such a cheap price?
- 1). We buy from around 20 wholesale sites and know the best price for each brand of e-liquid.
- 2). We add a small margin onto our prices.
- 3). We buy over stocks and past best before e-liquids for our clearance section to be able to do such great prices
- 4). Some ranges cost a lot less so are sold at a lower price.
How many free nicotine shots do I get?
All e-liquids come with nicotine shots for free, below is the amount you get.
50ml - one free nicotine shot
80ml, 100ml two free nicotine shots
If you want extra nicotine shots they are available here.
Common problems with eliquid
So what problems occur with e-liquids?
Why Can’t I taste the flavour in my e-liquid
- Why is an E-liquid harsh
- -The nicotine is too strong
- -There is too much pg in the eliquid for the tank been used
- -The flavour is a harsh flavouring
My Bottle of e-liquid is leaking
- -The vg base is too high for the tank being used.
- -Everyone has different taste buds and can pick up some flavours more than others.
- -Higher content nicotine can affect the taste.
I don’t like my e-liquid
- -Just get in touch, send it back and we will refund your postage cost & if we have another in stock we will send another out.
I feel dizzy or sick
- -Unfortunately we don’t refund e-liquids on taste as we don’t offer a taste and return service, if it is our own e-liquids will will try one from the last batch to make sure it tastes how it should.
Why Do I have 18mg Nicotine Shots when I ordered 3mg
- -If you feel dizzy its more than likely the nicotine, using too high a content can make your head spin
- -If you feel sick stop using the e-liquid, some people are allergic to pg that is in e-liquid, some flavours do contain allergens so be careful on the flavour you choose, an example is some citrus type and cola flavourings used in e-liquid can contain limonene.
- -Its worth getting in touch with a doctor before using e-liquid and if you get any bad reactions see the doctor straight away
- -In a 60ml bottle you have 50ml of liquid already, when adding the nicotine it is a 6th of the mix, so the nicotine is diluted to 3mg. Very easy just divide the 18/6=3, the same principle works for other sized bottles.
Why are e-liquids different colours
- 1). Nicotine can turn a liquid darker over time
- 2). Flavour concentrates come in different colours
- 3). Dyes may have been added to the e-liquid.
Which E-Liquid do I need for sub ohm tanks?
Sub ohm tanks will work perfectly with 70vg 30pg e-liquids as well as 80vg 20pg e-juices.
5 Reasons Why my e liquid tastes burnt
There are a few reasons why e liquid can taste burnt
- 1). Change Coil, all coils have a lifespan, some coils last a few days and some can last a few weeks, it all depends on the tank the coils come from. The solution is to replace the coil
- 2). The wattage is too high, having the wattage too high will burn the eliquid, turn the wattage down & try again.
- 3). Your tank is empty, this is an obvious one, we have all done it and got that burnt taste because of not filling the tank.
- 4). Wrong base, if you add a high vg eliquid into a tank that is designed for a high pg eliquid you will find that it may taste burnt.
- 5). Re-coil, if you build your own coils a poor build may stop the cotton absorbing the liquid, in this case build another coil.
At Rainbowvapes we bring a large selection of branded eliquids from around the world. All e-liquids that we sell come with nicotine shot/s for free, one free shot for a 50ml & 2 on 100ml bottles.
The higher price is the RRP for each e-liquid, so you are able to see how cheap we actually are. The RRP price doesn't include what you would pay for nicotine shots which we include for free. So come and grab a bargain.